Thursday 19 January 2012

2nd step in process writing

4A children, took their first step in process writing a couple of days ago. We planned just the introduction as a class. Then, the pupils went home to create their very own introduction based on our planning in class. 


Today, we came together to take the next step in writing. We continued to plan the body and conclusion as a class. Then, I spent some time introducing story starters which showed pupils how they can begin their story by describing the opening scene by talking about the"sound" and "sight" of the place, things or person. I tested their understanding by giving them some sample sentences and got them to identify what kind of desciptions were they(sound/sight). 


Once, i knew they were comforable, I got them to work in groups of four to read aloud his or her introduction to d rest of the group members. They were told to pick one of their introductions and modify it using the story starters and ideas discussed earlier. Upon completion I got them to present it to the rest of the class and we edited it together. 4A children were very enthusiastic to learn new vocab and phrases that were used in various groups. They took the initiative to record these words into their word bank book for future reference. I was very pleased to see that they have developed this great habit after trying it out last year. I'm proud of you children! Keep it up! 




 Here are some pics showing them in action...




















7 comments:

  1. I enjoyed it .Thank you Mdm Pavithra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mdm Pavi,I can't find my group writing. How do I do the body? *_* >_< ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Mdm Pavi, I can't find my group writing,how do I do the body? ^_^
    >_< *_*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was very embarassed when I had to go up myself anyway thanks Mdm Pavithra.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like presenting so that I can have more confidencd but I will feel very shy.

    ReplyDelete